[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - newbies welcome here

newbies welcome here

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"

Re: finally got my avatar!!

Postby foxy » 17 Jul 2005, 10:00

foxy

Postby Dadaist » 17 Jul 2005, 11:16

Dadaist

Re: finally got my avatar!!

Postby Sandra » 17 Jul 2005, 12:52

Sandra

Postby arachnid » 17 Jul 2005, 17:05

Glad your all impressed with my " avatar"!! Me too!!! ( big head now!!)
It's a pic of one that I have here at home!! Not fully grown yet, it's gonna get a bit bigger too!!!
I know, I know!! There's some really weird people about!! And I must be one of them!!!
Any way, just thought I'd send a pic of another one, just to make you all really glad that I've joined the forum
arachnid

Postby ecm » 17 Jul 2005, 17:11

Hi arachnid,

Your link for the further photies isn't working.

Is that a tarantula you've got then? I don't mind spiders at all and once had a "shot" of a pal's sons' tarantula.
She passed on a shedded skin for my son to take to show and tell at school a couple of years ago.
Think it freaked out a few class mates and his poor teacher. :lol:
ecm

Postby arachnid » 17 Jul 2005, 17:18

Tis' to be sure!!!
But I haven't quite mastered posting pics yet!!
And there was me thinking how clever I was at doing the " avatar"
Pride comes before a fall eh???
Serves me right!!
arachnid

Postby Maria » 17 Jul 2005, 17:25

Sorted Arachnid. You had BBCode disabled and a few extra [img] commands. Try using the preview function to test postings. It helps me!

PS
There's most likely a few folk out there that won't thank me for getting your picture to work! I'm not telling anyone out there what my phobia is that's for sure :wink:
Maria

Postby arachnid » 17 Jul 2005, 17:35

Thanks Marya, think I've cracked it now!!!
Went to the " how do I" section and read the bit about the BB code and thought , as you did, that I must give it a try!!! Wasn't goiong to let it beat me!!!
Just thought, your avatar looks like the expressions a lot of people give me when I tell them about having tarantulas!!! ( sounds like an illness!!!)
arachnid

Postby Maria » 17 Jul 2005, 17:41

Glad you found the 'How to.." forum useful Arachnid.

I'm not that bothered about spiders, but don't find them exactly loveable. I'm intrigued that you keep them as pets.
Maria

Postby arachnid » 17 Jul 2005, 17:51

I know. You can't exactly cuddle them or take them for walks!
arachnid

Postby ecm » 17 Jul 2005, 17:56

I never realised how fragile tarantulas are. You have to be very careful not to drop them.
ecm

Postby arachnid » 17 Jul 2005, 18:12

Could have a new thread starting here!!!
I used to think that they were just like house spiders, but they're not as tough as they look.
I have held tarantulas but not mine. Maybe one day I will, but I like to leave them alone and just watch them for the time being.
They're in seperate boxes,spiders tend to kill each other!! ( nice aye??!!)
arachnid

Postby Epykat » 17 Jul 2005, 18:15

Epykat

Postby arachnid » 17 Jul 2005, 18:20

arachnid

Postby ecm » 17 Jul 2005, 18:20

ecm

Postby Epykat » 17 Jul 2005, 18:26

Epykat

Postby ecm » 17 Jul 2005, 19:25

ecm

Postby Epykat » 17 Jul 2005, 20:12

Epykat

Postby teddygirl » 17 Jul 2005, 20:39

teddygirl

Postby arachnid » 17 Jul 2005, 22:08

Even my friends have unusual pets!!
Seemingly she calls it sly because she likes Sylvester Stallone!!
Thought you might like the pic Epykat,as it's not got any legs!!!
arachnid

Postby Maria » 17 Jul 2005, 23:24

Maria

Postby ecm » 17 Jul 2005, 23:25

ecm

Postby Maria » 17 Jul 2005, 23:35

Maria

Postby ecm » 17 Jul 2005, 23:50

ecm

Postby Maria » 17 Jul 2005, 23:53

Maria

Postby ecm » 18 Jul 2005, 00:04

ecm

Postby Poppy » 18 Jul 2005, 09:09

Ha, watch out Marya! I saw a guy with his pet snake wrapped round his wrist, taking it for a walk along the Prom from his house to a friend's garden the other day!! :shock: :lol:
Poppy

Postby arachnid » 18 Jul 2005, 21:58

[quote]You can't begin to imagine how big a phobia it is ecm

Marya! Feel a bit guilty now!!! Sending you that pic!!!
After you helping me out with posting my pics too!!!!
Promise I won't send any more nasties!!!
arachnid

Postby Maria » 19 Jul 2005, 11:38

Maria

Postby Poppy » 19 Jul 2005, 13:04

The friend were in the garden so I think it was a social visit for the friends - - - and for the snake who probably fancied a spot of sun-bathing! :D

I'm OK with spidies. I have 'pet' ones on the outside of my livingroom windows - and if I get tired of my seaview (see Stressbuster thread!!), I am entertained by their antics when a wee beastie lands on a web!

I used to feel physically sick when a moth appeared after a HUGE one got caught in my bedclothes on holiday as a child, but living alone has forced me to have to deal with them!!

Both get dealt with indoors by use of a tumbler and postcard to transport them outdoors.

That reminds me - I had to deal with a bumble bee in Mr P's car the other day 'cos he's a wimp when it comes to bees. :shock: :lol:
Poppy

Postby Epykat » 19 Jul 2005, 17:48

Epykat

Postby arachnid » 19 Jul 2005, 22:37

arachnid

Postby foxy » 19 Jul 2005, 23:16

foxy

Postby wangi » 19 Jul 2005, 23:19

wangi
[admin]

Postby Sandra » 20 Jul 2005, 09:27

Sandra