[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - Identities

Identities

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"

Re: Identities

Postby Porty » 14 Jun 2012, 10:56

.....ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Porty

Postby Epykat » 14 Jun 2012, 11:09

Epykat

Postby Epykat » 14 Jun 2012, 11:15

Epykat

Postby Porty » 14 Jun 2012, 11:20

Last edited by Porty on 14 Jun 2012, 12:01, edited 4 times in total.
Porty

Postby Porty » 14 Jun 2012, 11:24

Porty

Postby Lashylass » 14 Jun 2012, 15:04

Since when was I made to feel welcome? Jefferson keeps saying he wants me banned.
Lashylass

Postby Underscore » 14 Jun 2012, 15:24

I dont post that much but i did think the site was informative for those in the Porty area. I'm a newbie to Joppa and its a shame that recently it seems to be imploding due to the emotive issue of the new school. Agree to differ - move on. For the record I have 3 kids and I'm ashamed by the actions of those trying to stop the build of the new school. Oh and who am I? I'm Dave. I live in Joppa on the front and can normally be found falling out of the Dalriada on a Thursday or Sat night!
Underscore

Postby seashell » 14 Jun 2012, 15:28

Maybe if you answered Bob's questions about the allegations posted with factual evidence he might feel more disposed to be kindly towards you?

Has TP become a public school, with males referred to by their surnames, by the way? Calling Bob 'Jefferson' could be viewed as anatagonistic by some people.
seashell

Postby Epykat » 14 Jun 2012, 15:43

Epykat

Postby Porty » 14 Jun 2012, 16:03

Last edited by Porty on 14 Jun 2012, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
Porty

Postby Porty » 14 Jun 2012, 16:47

Porty

Postby Bob Jefferson » 14 Jun 2012, 16:58

Bob Jefferson

Postby Puerto bella » 14 Jun 2012, 17:05

Where will the 'lies' end - thats what worries me......at what point does it become completely not on?

How personal or defamatory do they have to get before the anonomous person is forced to back off, apologise or comply with the restraining order.

I think you might have a stalker Bob. Consider yourself a local celeb.
Puerto bella

Postby Bob Jefferson » 14 Jun 2012, 17:13

This is just the latest example. When I get the time and inclination, I'm going to post a list of the false accusations that have been made against me. If I were the paranoid type, I might be starting to think that there was some sort of orchestrated campaign to discredit me. I'm sure you're wrong but I'll stick a padlock on the bin just in case.
Bob Jefferson

Postby Lashylass » 14 Jun 2012, 17:33

You're not worth the time or effort.
Lashylass

Postby Bob Jefferson » 14 Jun 2012, 18:15

Bob Jefferson

Postby Lashylass » 14 Jun 2012, 18:42

Grow up and get a life. You've already mentioned the site.....
Lashylass

Postby Bob Jefferson » 14 Jun 2012, 19:00

Bob Jefferson

Postby Bob Jefferson » 14 Jun 2012, 19:10

This is how it works. If you are going to make an allegation against someone, you have to be quite specific. It won't do, for example, to just say "I accuse you of murdering someone" and then when asked for more detail become all coy and mysterious. Because if you do that, you are going to be laughed out of court and then most likely face charges yourself. It's far better to get your facts straight from the outset. You know the sort of thing, carry out some basic investigation, check your facts and gather evidence. Otherwise, you end up looking pretty stupid.
Bob Jefferson

Postby Puerto bella » 14 Jun 2012, 21:52

Let me get this straight and offer a hypothetical scenario...........- if Bob were to say ' I saw Lashylass stealing a pack of sausages from the co-op' is it ok not to evidence it and tell everyone Lashy is a thief? or if he were to say ' I saw Lashylass offering kids money and can only presume it was for something seedy/ illegal or both - are these remarks ok, albeit defamatory and have no substance?
Consider how is it any different to accuse someone, anyone - you just happen to have chosen Bob, of what you have Lashy and not at least come up with some evidence or retract it and apologise - after all if the shoe was on the other foot how would you react?
Puerto bella

Postby Mark Cameron » 14 Jun 2012, 23:06

Here's a novel suggestion. Why don't those that have outed themseleves simply ignore those intent on stirring things.

Bob you're wasting your life on that particular fight. People can see after your first attempt to get evidence that that ain't goinna be forthcoming. Life's too short for wasting it on trolls.

Move on. Focus on the positive.
Mark
Mark Cameron

Postby Bob Jefferson » 14 Jun 2012, 23:22

Oh, I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'm just making Lashylass feel uncomfortable because he knows that if he names the site then I will disprove his allegation and he will be shown to be a liar. In the meantime, while he continues to beat about the bush and evade the question, he looks like an idiot. His third option of course is to apologise and in return for his apology I will promise not to sue him for defamation of character. Can't say fairer than that.
Bob Jefferson

Postby Mark Cameron » 15 Jun 2012, 00:22

But the thing is Bob you'll not be making LL uncomfortable in the slightest as he Or she clearly doesn't care two hoot and is on the wind up.

I can see that and am sure others do too.
Mark
Mark Cameron

Postby Bob Jefferson » 15 Jun 2012, 06:09

It's a 'he'. I know who he is but he is too cowardly to reveal his identity. What does he fear? Being sued I imagine.
Bob Jefferson

Postby wangi » 15 Jun 2012, 12:29

wangi
[admin]

Postby Mark Cameron » 15 Jun 2012, 19:55

Welcome home. We missed you :-)

Look at what the naughty kiddies get up to when left to their own devices!

Oh...and I can't change my username. Any ideas?
Mark
Mark Cameron

Postby wangi » 16 Jun 2012, 08:08

Pretty sure it works as above - I know of a few who have successfully changed. Anyway, any probs drop me an email (forum@ address at bottom of page) or PM with what you want to change it to.

L/
wangi
[admin]

Postby Epykat » 16 Jun 2012, 08:10

Epykat

Postby regent » 16 Jun 2012, 10:17

You going to tell the rest of us who ll is bob?
who said that?
regent

Postby Porty » 16 Jun 2012, 12:19

Porty

Postby Epykat » 16 Jun 2012, 15:27

Epykat

Postby Lashylass » 16 Jun 2012, 15:35

I'm not planning on disappearing any time soon Epykat.
Lashylass

Postby Epykat » 16 Jun 2012, 16:43

Epykat

Postby Porty » 16 Jun 2012, 17:07

Porty

Postby Epykat » 16 Jun 2012, 17:21

Epykat

PreviousNext