[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - seeking rental property

seeking rental property

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"

seeking rental property

Postby SKRC » 18 Oct 2012, 12:51

Giving this a shot... By March next year, we need to have moved out of our rental place so our landlord can retire here. Darn it! We are looking for somewhere to rent (me, the old man and the wee man) that has good storage, spacious feel and 2 bedrooms. Garden a bonus but not vital. More about the flat and location... Do you know of anywhere coming up in the next 6 months? If so, really appreciate you letting me know. Seems at the moment there are small 2 beds at £625 a month and enormous 3 beds at £900 a month and naturally, we want the rare thing in between!!

Background is we sold our place in Leith to move to Porty as we spent all time here and wanted to settle before wee man starts TB school next year. Lost all our equity so need to rent and save back up again. Joys of housing market eh?!

Anyhoooo - we monitor citylets, s1rental and gumtree - what I am hoping for though is a kind soul to give us a tip off before it hits those outlets.

thanks talk Porty!

Sal
SKRC

Re: seeking rental property

Postby Scoop » 26 Nov 2012, 23:43

Take it you've seen the post re. someone renting out a 3 bed property in pbay?

Good luck!
Gene pool not swimming pool..........
Scoop

Postby SKRC » 27 Nov 2012, 07:47

no, and not sure what pbay is... am on the FB Porty sale site but can't see it. Appreciate you flagging but if you wouldn't mind treating me like a fool and spoon feeding me the details, sorry!
(I do check Citylets, s1 rental, gumtree and lettingweb regularly!)
SKRC

Postby SKRC » 27 Nov 2012, 07:48

ok, I really am an eejit - just saw pbay is the other forum! Seen it but sadly beyond our means. More under 900 that we are looking for. thanks so much for flagging though!
SKRC

Postby jjack1 » 29 Dec 2012, 21:43

Hi, we will be renting our 2 bedroom flat on Seaview Terrace. If you wanted to come and have a look? great sea views, brand new luxury bathroom, garden, dining kitchen - great family home (we have a 10 month old) we are renting it out as we are moving to Norway. we were hoping to rent out in June ... but drop me a line if you are keen, it's a beautiful flat and we want someone who will look after it well and enjoy it.

cheers
Jon
jjack1

Postby SKRC » 29 Dec 2012, 22:20

THANKS SO MUCH for getting in touch - really appreciate it. Seaview Terrace could work for us. It is a wee bit further than we wanted to be (not wishing to insult, just being honest). Son starts school in August and we are currently on Morton St and we get nagged with 'I am tired' walking from Brighton Nursery to ours! haha! But if it is the right flat, we could make other things work and he'll have to 'man up' and scoot faster! Would you mind if we did have a nosy? If the space looks like it could work for us, then we could talk dates and rates etc but no real point either of us worrying on that front unless we think it could work and you think you could rent to us. Two quickies though - we have a cat. Would that be an issue? She is a house cat and always has been and very well behaved. The other is how long you think you will go for - not looking for a contract in blood but the place we are in at the moment - the landlord was only ever intending to let out for 18 months or so (but did not tell us that until 4 months after we moved in), and we would ideally hope to be in a place for about 3 years or so I imagine as can't do this moving lark as much as when it was just me and the old fella! we need to hunker down and save a deposit to buy (can give you the boring background later but we sold in Leith and lost all our equity last year but gained a fantastic seaside family life which has totally been worth it but the lack of stability of renting has me going grey early!!). My email is sallycoyne@yahoo.com and my mobile is 07973414911 (apols in advance - very poor reception in our house though so it may not ring if you call it! not very helpful but I can collect the voicemails if I go to remote parts of the house!) Thanks Jon.
SKRC

Return to G&TT