How do I access my private messages?

We guide you through a series of masterclasses in posting pictures, getting an avatar and much more!

HELP ME WITH PPM

Postby Pal of Porty » 19 Oct 2004, 17:06

When I try to send a PPM it appears as though I have been successful but all these messages are being stored in my outbox NOT my sent items.

Can anyone shed any light on what I may doing wrong?

Thanks
Justice delayed is justice denied.
Pal of Porty

Postby wangi » 19 Oct 2004, 17:46

PoP, they are stored in the "outbox" until they are read by the recipient, at which point they are moved to "sent items".
wangi
[admin]

Postby Pal of Porty » 19 Oct 2004, 21:19

wangi wrote:PoP, they are stored in the "outbox" until they are read by the recipient, at which point they are moved to "sent items".

Mega thanks, I did not realise that and was getting really, really frustrated. I was treating it the same way as my email works i.e. straight out the Outbox and into Sent Items as soon as it is sent.
Hope Sandra enjoys reading her 4 messages which I now realise will be duplicates of each other! :oops:
Justice delayed is justice denied.
Pal of Porty

Postby mr magnolia » 20 Oct 2004, 16:15

Talking of PMs - come back Alex and explain your Firefox to me!

Firefox doesn't seem to let me do PMs - it gets hung up and forces my to shut it down and then open up again on Internet Explorer??? Which is a bit odd as you see that you are still logged on to the system but cant actually do anything and then you have to log in again....

Anyone else with Firefox problems like this?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Every Day Counts
mr magnolia

Postby Davie Bhoy » 11 Nov 2004, 14:22

I am cool now Marya!!

Ta wee yin!!
Davie Bhoy

Postby Porty » 11 Nov 2004, 14:37

mr magnolia wrote:Talking of PMs - come back Alex and explain your Firefox to me!

Firefox doesn't seem to let me do PMs - it gets hung up and forces my to shut it down and then open up again on Internet Explorer??? Which is a bit odd as you see that you are still logged on to the system but cant actually do anything and then you have to log in again....

Yes, and not got a fucking clue.
.....ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Porty

Postby wangi » 11 Nov 2004, 14:45

Works fine here... Although I do have "Pop up window on new Private Message" set to off in my profile...
wangi
[admin]

Postby mr magnolia » 27 Jan 2005, 12:36

mr magnolia wrote:Talking of PMs - come back Alex and explain your Firefox to me!

upgrade NOW to Firefox 1.0 and no problems!

Run it with the Saferfox Xpanded theme if you want to be as sad as me!

:alien: :alien:
Every Day Counts
mr magnolia

Return to How do I?