Community Council Elections

Discussion and debate on the issues affecting Portobello

Postby Izzie » 30 May 2006, 20:52

The lady I was with was sitting in front of me :lol: :lol:

I did not know the gentleman beside me although he spoke to me all night :lol: :lol:
Izzie

Hello folks

Postby Libby » 07 Jun 2006, 02:19

Hello, sorry i have been very busy but a wee bit of information to keep you updated, remember me ? someone suggested sour grapes maybe :lol: someone also suggested maybe i should get a hobby, well i did.

I went on a campaign to let the people of my area now who i am and what my intension's were, you will be glad to know that due to my hard work(along with other peoples hard work also) i was elected on to the Community Council, not bragging but i actually got the 4th highest votes, that was from a list of 35 candidates (Not Bad ).

I like that thought, when any one asks do you have any Hobbies ? "Yes i am a Community Councillor".

No doubt i will be able to fit the meetings in along with looking after 4 Children, being a working mother, my Voluntary work in my Community, and maybe having a cup of tea now and again.

Just thought i would keep you updated, as i said i stood for the Election to be able to make my area a better place for my kids.

One last thing, all Community Councils have 2 slots for youths, all you do is right a letter to the Secretary of the CC and inform him/her you would like to be considered for a Youth Position on the Board.

The youth must be no older than 18, but not younger than 16, so it is still possible for someone from Portobello High School to sit on the Board.

My son is in 5th year so i might even suggest to him about sitting on Portobello Community Council.

Must close as i need to get some sleep as it is rather late.

Take care all

Libby
All good things comes to those who wait
Libby

Postby Porty » 08 Jun 2006, 22:16

Congratulations Libby sock it to 'em... :D :D
Porty

Re: Hello folks

Postby seanie » 08 Jun 2006, 23:34

Libby wrote:I went on a campaign to let the people of my area now who i am and what my intension's were, you will be glad to know that due to my hard work(along with other peoples hard work also) i was elected on to the Community Council, not bragging but i actually got the 4th highest votes, that was from a list of 35 candidates (Not Bad ).

Just curious but how many votes did it take to come fourth?
seanie

Postby Cleopas » 09 Jun 2006, 20:42

Can I ask in which area you are a community councillor, Libby?
Cleopas

Postby Epykat » 10 Jun 2006, 22:13

Well done Libby. Hope you enjoy being a Community Counsellor. Do try to turn up at all your meetings though - it's terrible when new Councillors don't make the effort to turn up at their first two meetings in a row :roll:
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!
Epykat

The Numbers

Postby Libby » 10 Jun 2006, 22:50

Hello seanie, the votes that got me in were 233, and it is the Craigmillar area. All is not to clear at the moment, it involves the Group selection, as i am sure some of you might have read it in the papers.

Things are slow at the moment, cant say to much but the Council Lawyers are going into Court on Monday, once we hear back from Donald Anderson all will become more clearer

Take care Libby
All good things comes to those who wait
Libby

Postby seanie » 10 Jun 2006, 23:02

seanie

Postby Porty » 11 Jun 2006, 22:42

Epykat wrote:Well done Libby. Hope you enjoy being a Community Counsellor. Do try to turn up at all your meetings though - it's terrible when new Councillors don't make the effort to turn up at their first two meetings in a row :roll:

Do you mean me? I missed one as I was on other community business.
Porty

Previous

Return to Portobello Matters