[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - Rat-running and large vehicles (Bath St, Straiton Pl etc)

Rat-running and large vehicles (Bath St, Straiton Pl etc)

Discussion and debate on the issues affecting Portobello

Re: Rat-running and large vehicles (Bath St, Straiton Pl etc

Postby Puerto bella » 30 Aug 2012, 16:44

So much for positive porty Mak. Sorry if we're boring you.
Boring - is when you have to wait in every feckin day for over a week for everyone and sundry to come at some point and survey the damage to your property from another feckin lorry. That's boring.
Puerto bella

Postby Makaveli » 30 Aug 2012, 19:00

I was yawning at Epycats continual sniping at me about the fact that she has lived here longer than anyone else. I did not mean that your problem was boring. I have sympathy for your plight as I mentioned earlier in the thread we get large vehicles coming past our house that are not supposed too.

So please re-read Epycats last post and you will see what I am on about.
Makaveli

Postby seashell » 30 Aug 2012, 19:18

Careful there - I got bashed yesterday for making the same inadvertent mistake you did and spelling Epykat with a 'c'.
seashell

Postby SoupDragon » 23 Nov 2012, 21:08

I see the wall at the Miami flats car park has been hit, bits knocked off ( foot of Bath St opp. Espy )
They did have a notice up asking if anyone had seen it happen, last Sunday I believe.
SoupDragon

Postby Grunk » 03 Dec 2013, 10:30

Absolutely ridiculous this morning, Portobello crossroads had a tailback all the way to Eastfield.

What happened to the idea of synching the pedestrian crossroads with the lights?

In fact all CEC need to do is change the order of the traffic lights so the main road goes after the green man, to ease the junction a little bit.

So frustrating.
Grunk

Postby Makaveli » 03 Dec 2013, 23:21

I hate the lights at the townhall. There is no need for them and they cause traffic chaos. They need synced or removed.
Makaveli

Postby cuth » 13 Dec 2013, 22:28

The village of Poynton did away with their lights. You can see what happened here:

cuth

Postby wangi » 14 Dec 2013, 01:47

Thanks for that - very interesting. Everyone else - make sure you watch past the first few minutes and to the end...

Intriguing.
wangi
[admin]

Postby Bob Jefferson » 15 Dec 2013, 00:26

Confirms what I've always believed and what we all witness when the traffic lights fail. Suddenly, people start using commonsense and courtesy. But it's not just about removing the lights. There is a lot of clever psychology at work here.
Bob Jefferson

Postby Grunk » 21 Jan 2014, 13:36

Just watched the video, quite interesting.

The main thing, is that they had a good traffic designer/planner, I wonder if we can get one of those...
Grunk

Previous

Return to Portobello Matters