[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - Rosefield Park improvements

Rosefield Park improvements

Discussion and debate on the issues affecting Portobello

Re: Rosefield Park improvements

Postby Porty » 14 Dec 2011, 20:18

"We had a meeting....... to which everyone was invited" DC Cairns

This is classic DC No names, no numbers, no detail. Its likely that the only attendees of "everyone who was invited" were herself and councillor hawkins. Reminds me of the infamous " Survey of 1000 people" she supposefly carried out on behalf of PCATs. Turns out sh e distributed 1000 questionnaire in shops round porty and got less than 6 responses.
.....ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Porty

Postby Bob Jefferson » 14 Dec 2011, 20:48

I know for a fact that one of the attendees feels he was misled about the MUGA and is now in favour of it.
Bob Jefferson

Postby Porty » 14 Dec 2011, 21:14

Interesting but not surprising. Would the turncoat divulge how many others attended.
Porty

Postby Bob Jefferson » 14 Dec 2011, 21:28

A dozen I think, maybe less.
Bob Jefferson

Postby Porty » 14 Dec 2011, 22:16

Nah. That must be the total attendance as it was a joint event with a book club meeting at one of your neighbours.

In what way did the turncoat feel he had been misled? Usual stuff was it: MUGA would lead to housing on the park, loss of 38% of BRA parkland, 6M high fencing obscuring the view to Arthur seat, traffic issues, increase in drug taking amongst young people- what else?
Porty

Postby Maria » 14 Dec 2011, 23:28

Must admit I'm puzzled as to how it would interfere with the village show. I missed this year's show, but previous ones were held in the central grassy area. Isn't the proposed MUGA adjacent to the old tennis courts area?

I missed the BRRA AGM, but did take part in an earlier walk round Rosefield Park with another consultation group, which comprised of a handful of interested residents and some community council members. I was in the minority, when I expressed enthusiasm for the idea of a MUGA. I think there is a fear, among some residents, that it would encourage congregation of unruly youths. To be fair to them, this isn't an unreasonable fear, as Rosefield Park has suffered in the past from this. The installation of bright lighting and a CCTV camera has really helped, however, and I don't think the MUGA would be anything other than an asset.
Maria

Postby Bob Jefferson » 14 Dec 2011, 23:41

Bob Jefferson

Postby Porty » 15 Dec 2011, 14:01

Last edited by Porty on 15 Dec 2011, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
Porty

Postby Porty » 15 Dec 2011, 14:03

Porty

Postby Pal of Porty » 15 Dec 2011, 14:20

Justice delayed is justice denied.
Pal of Porty

Postby Bob Jefferson » 15 Dec 2011, 15:29

So what's the story? No, let me guess. Someone has complained about children sitting on it. Am I close?
Bob Jefferson

Postby Porty » 15 Dec 2011, 16:29

Porty

Postby Bob Jefferson » 18 Dec 2011, 11:24

A reminder that tomorrow (Monday) is the deadline to make your views known on the Rosefield Park Multi Use Games Area proposal. All you need to do is pop into Portobello Library and complete the form. It's a simple tick box to indicate whether or not you support the MUGA and your completed form goes into the provided box.

Without your support, those opposing this recreational facility for local children will ensure that it does not go ahead, which would be a huge missed opportunity.

The library is open today from 1pm to 5pm today.
Bob Jefferson

Postby Bob Jefferson » 19 Dec 2011, 17:11

Bob Jefferson

Postby Pal of Porty » 21 Dec 2011, 18:02

When I went to the library to post my form on Monday the box was absolutely brimming. I do not know if it had been emptied or not during thetime it had been in place. 8)
Justice delayed is justice denied.
Pal of Porty

Postby Franck » 25 Jan 2012, 10:25

I see improvements are being made to the burn just beside the bridge, it's being widened and re-enforced with a wall.All the shrubbery has been removed, but I'm guessing they'll put new stuff in.I reckon it will look nice.
Franck

Postby Franck » 02 Feb 2012, 10:06

The template for the MUGA has been dug out with the base started, so it looks like it's going ahead.Give it a couple of months to repair itself and I think the park will look terrific.
Franck

Postby rmolehusband » 02 Feb 2012, 12:49

rmolehusband

Postby Mark Cameron » 02 Feb 2012, 20:31

Great news. I love the outcomes of community consultation.
Mark
Mark Cameron

Postby wangi » 02 Feb 2012, 20:52

wangi
[admin]

Postby Mark Cameron » 02 Feb 2012, 23:16

Sorry not fully understanding your post Wangi. Do you mean when this was discussed with council officials at the PCC meeting on Monday the fact that consultation was carried out was praised but they weren't concerned that the feedback hadn't been acted on?

M
Mark
Mark Cameron

Postby Franck » 03 Feb 2012, 10:01

Franck

Postby Maria » 03 Feb 2012, 11:10

Maria

Postby Franck » 03 Feb 2012, 11:46

Franck

Postby Maria » 03 Feb 2012, 12:43

It is starting to look a lot neater. The manure has already improved the look of it! :lol:

The first lot of old railings have also been removed from the West Brighton Crescent wall.
Maria

Postby rmolehusband » 03 Feb 2012, 13:02

rmolehusband

Postby wangi » 03 Feb 2012, 13:34

wangi
[admin]

Postby Porty » 03 Feb 2012, 13:57

There's been several incidences where very young kids playing in and around those bushes have been verbally abused then banished by some residents of WBC. Not sure who made the observations at PCC , maybe its the very same people?
Porty

Postby Bob Jefferson » 07 Feb 2012, 16:06

Lots of planting taking place this week. Verbena, Pyracantha, Geranium, Hosta and Fuschia among the things I spotted. It's pretty radical and going to take a few years before we see the results but you have to plan these things for the long term. The "template for the MUGA", which almost prompted a premature story in the EN, is in fact the site of the old tennis courts. The top layer of grass has been removed to expose sand underneath. This area is occasionally used for the odd game of boules/petanque and I think this is what Scott has in mind. The MUGA is destined (hopefully) for the far corner of the park and I'm pretty confident that it will be in place by early Summer.
Bob Jefferson

Postby Porty » 07 Feb 2012, 23:03

It all sounds good Bob. Can anyone recall how many courts there were? I think 6. The proposed MUGA will only cover part of the courts area. The park was reconfigured when HLR was being constructed or maybe prior. It is smaller now.

The courts abutted the existing path leading through the double gates at WBC. Space to park a bike between the fence and the path. And only about 5 feet from the garden wall of 19 WBC the last house on the left. My recall may be inaccurate.
Porty

Postby wangi » 08 Feb 2012, 00:36

This map (1932) may help - i'm convinced the wall to the SW boundary of Rosefield Park, which continues from the rear of the WBC properties pre-dates HLR and is the same wall as on this map. It's poor state attests to that!

http://maps.nls.uk/os/25inch-2nd-and-la ... 2=82877538

Overlayed:
Last edited by wangi on 08 Feb 2012, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to add overlay
wangi
[admin]

Postby Porty » 09 Feb 2012, 00:06

You mean the wall continuing towards kings road from the houses at WBC? Id say a bit of the park was lost to HLR. Im rubbish at that sort of judgement .
Porty

Postby seanie » 24 Feb 2012, 16:28

The Neighbourhood Partnership will also be considering a on the mulit-use-games-area proposal for Rosefield Park.

Looks it might go ahead.
seanie

Postby Porty » 24 Feb 2012, 16:58

I hope so, certainly looks like it has widespread support.
Porty

Postby seanie » 15 Mar 2012, 17:34

Looks like the MUGA will go ahead; the application for funding has been successful. Congratulations to the Towerbank pupils that organised a petition.

The Council's also looking to incorporate a petanque/boules area into the park as well.
seanie

PreviousNext

Return to Portobello Matters