[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - Woodwares closing / Sainsburys coming to Portobello

Woodwares closing / Sainsburys coming to Portobello

Discussion and debate on the issues affecting Portobello

Re: Woodwares closing / Sainsburys coming to Portobello

Postby fresian » 30 Nov 2012, 14:54

The document list on CECs planning portal does have a compiled list of those for and those against. Stephen's e mail is filed in the wrong one. You have to wonder about openness when certain people send in their own objections and then bombard the council with the same thing under a number of different guises.
fresian

Postby lg1726 » 30 Nov 2012, 15:37

Just noticed that my letter has moved from the support pile to the object one and yet my position has not!!! Just away to email them now to tell them!!! Bloody cheek!
lg1726

Postby Porty » 01 Dec 2012, 10:46

.....ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Porty

Postby bearcub » 05 Dec 2012, 13:11

All the plans have been passed by the planning committee, so it's full steam ahead for Sainsbury's in the New Year.
bearcub

Postby lg1726 » 05 Dec 2012, 13:59

lg1726

Postby Mark Cameron » 05 Dec 2012, 14:11

Was Maureen's petition against the appliaction LG?
Mark
Mark Cameron

Postby lg1726 » 05 Dec 2012, 14:15

lg1726

Postby Makaveli » 05 Dec 2012, 14:34

If there was a petition against the application I heard nothing of it - but then again I wouldn't have signed it anyway!!!

Wonder how the signatures were collected?
Makaveli

Postby lg1726 » 05 Dec 2012, 14:49

lg1726

Postby Makaveli » 05 Dec 2012, 14:56

Looks like PAVED are trying to get another step forward for Portobello held back.

Sad indeed.
Makaveli

Postby lg1726 » 05 Dec 2012, 15:04

Quote from Maureen's report today -

"At development management sub-committee of the Council's planning committee this morning, Councillors agreed three out of the four applications relating to 'Sainsbury's Local' application for the Woodwares property, after some discussion. The principle of retail is the same, whether it is an ironmongers or a supermarket chain operating from this property. There is no scope in planning to control transport issues or opening hours relating to the use. The DM Sub-committee agreed to continue application about the ventilation and plant at the rear for a site visit which will probably take place this side of Christmas."
lg1726

Postby bearcub » 05 Dec 2012, 16:08

Seems I was misinformed!

Surprised that the ventilation and plant was the one that didn't pass, Sainsburys must have experience elsewhere when they set up stores with what is permitted with regards to that.

I hadn't seen any evidence of a petition either, must be hidden away when anyone who doesn't support it is in the vicinity!
bearcub

Postby lg1726 » 05 Dec 2012, 16:19

lg1726

Postby wangi » 05 Dec 2012, 16:40

I saw it in a few shops.
wangi
[admin]

Postby geofflynn » 05 Dec 2012, 18:08

Signatures were being gathered at the same time as this leaflet was being circulated.

download/file.php?id=291&mode=view
geofflynn

Postby lg1726 » 05 Dec 2012, 19:03

I've now heard that it may be that it could be that there are multiples in the petition - same people, different shops and also same people as those who objected individually! So not sure how many there are actually making up the 400 in total!
lg1726

Postby Puerto bella » 05 Dec 2012, 20:33

I am tweeting to MC to ask if this is true
Puerto bella

Postby lg1726 » 06 Dec 2012, 11:08

lg1726

Postby Puerto bella » 07 Dec 2012, 22:45

The reply from MC is on twitter and Portobello High St facebook group: wont repeat if again on here as the largest group of participants are probably those on the Fb group anyhow and I prefer the open nature of that space.
Puerto bella

Postby Porty » 04 Jan 2013, 18:24

Had a natter with a little old lady in izzys today. I stood on Ember, her guide dog, as I entered. She said woidwares is closed?
Porty

Postby Porty » 04 Jan 2013, 18:25

May have been amber?
Porty

Postby jb5370 » 05 Jan 2013, 13:50

Was certainly closed yesterday afternoon before four which I thought was a bit odd - unless they were having extra holidays? Not been along the High Street today. Staff were still saying before Christmas that they didn't know when it would close - hope they got some notice.

EDIT - It's open today!
jb5370

Postby Epykat » 05 Jan 2013, 17:20

Epykat

Postby Pal of Porty » 07 Jan 2013, 13:39

It sounds more like doggy murder to me! 8)
Justice delayed is justice denied.
Pal of Porty

Postby Porty » 08 Jan 2013, 17:55

Unfortunately my tripping over and trodding on things unseen is only going to get worse. I'm currently taking out about 5 or 6 "wet floor" signs, per week. Trodding on a visually impaired person's guide dog, is highly embarrassing but not quite as bad tripping over a guide dog and knocking the owner off his feet, which I managed to do one day recently in St James Centre. No one involved saw the funny side. :( :(
Porty

Postby Makaveli » 01 Feb 2013, 13:12

I see that the planning application for the plant has been granted - so is it safe to say full steam ahead now?
Makaveli

Postby seanie » 01 Feb 2013, 18:19

There's one absolute classic amongst the objections.

I must remember to vary my font size randomly and introduce SOME capitalisation more often.

You're taken more seriously that way.
seanie

Postby BeachBum » 19 Jul 2013, 16:44

Sainsbury opened today.

Was very busy when I was in, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Good offer today as well, vouchers getting handed out so you can get £2 off your next shop worth more than £6. Although I didnt have one the cashier had a stock of them and swiped one for me AND gave me one to take away for next time which was very nice of them.

Very handy having a ATM aswell in that part of the High Street.

Sadly, with the opening of this store I will no longer be visiting Costcutter, but I am grateful to them for their good service over the eight years I have been in Porty.
BeachBum

Previous

Return to Portobello Matters