[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - Borders Railway

Borders Railway

Discussion and debate on the issues affecting Portobello

Borders Railway

Postby Grunk » 21 Jan 2014, 14:15

I was wondering if including Portobello on the Borders Railway route had been considered?

Given that it can take over an hour to get the Centre of Edinburgh (4 miles), seems like the town could benefit from a regular rail service (6-minutes to Waverly).

I realise Brunstane is on the route, but there's no handy link to Portobello from that station, I guess for most folk 2 minutes on a bus then 5 minutes on a train would be useful, although that would require an oyster-like card
Grunk

Re: Borders Railway

Postby magbagpuss » 21 Jan 2014, 20:00

Is that walking you are talking about ? I can get from Porty to York Place in under 20 mins in the rush hour , morning and evening ?
magbagpuss

Postby Bob Jefferson » 21 Jan 2014, 20:13

I refer you to my right honourable friend, Max Blinkhorn. Lawrence Marshall is a good man to speak to on this subject as well.
Bob Jefferson

Postby Grunk » 22 Jan 2014, 23:29

20 minutes? I must be getting the wrong bus. The 26 struggles to get through the junction at bath street in 20 minutes during the morning rush.

Thanks for the references Bob, I'll do some digging.

I'll also ask my boss if we can move offices to York Place.
Grunk

Postby magbagpuss » 23 Jan 2014, 07:49

I get on passed Bath Steet !! guess I'm lucky x
magbagpuss

Postby Sceptic » 27 Jan 2014, 17:17

I suppose ANYTHING that reduces the amount of traffic in the morning and afternoon rush hours will be welcome. It would help as Portobello will not be getting a tram service, well, at least the NEXT century!
Sceptic

Postby Bazza » 23 Feb 2014, 10:27

You can reliably get in to town in 20 minutes by bike :-)
Bazza

Return to Portobello Matters