[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - How do I post an image? (OLD)

How do I post an image? (OLD)

We guide you through a series of masterclasses in posting pictures, getting an avatar and much more!

How do I post an image? (OLD)

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2004, 23:13

admin: an update "how to" on uploading images can be found at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5561

This thread is for practising posting images. The only rule: There are no stupid questions here.

There are lots of ways you can post images on the forum. The easiest way I know (thank you, Wangi) is to sign up for an account at . You'll need to give a valid email address to get an account. If you're using a hotmail address, beware that hotmail may classify email from photobucket as spam, so check your junk mail folders.

Right.

Assuming you have an account at photobucket, how do you upload an image to photobucket? Imagine you have an image in your "My Documents/My Pictures" folder called "cows" (or it might be "cows.jpg").

Log in to photobucket. The web site should take you straight to your albums page. At the top of the page is a box which says add picture next to it. MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS ALSO A BOX TO THE RIGHT SAYING BROWSE. If it isn't there, click "Upload from your computer" and it will appear.

Now press the Browse button.

A window will open showing you some of the files on your computer. Every computer is different , but you will probably see your "My documents" folder. Double-click on it. Now click on your "My pictures" folder. Keep double-clicking till you see the photo of the cows. Then double click on the cows. The new window will disappear. Now click the submit button on the photobucket page. As if by magic, the picture will appear on screen, with three boxes below it. Click in the third box and COPY the whole text.

Now log in to the forum. Start your new post. When you get to the bit where you want to post the photograph, PASTE it into your message.

Job done. Everyone please join in, share your tips, and practice posting images.

Postby mr magnolia » 24 Aug 2004, 23:23

Cool

I am already experimenting with my mulitabbed browser, now for the photos!
mr magnolia

Re: Moderator's Masterclass - Practice posting images here

Postby Porty » 25 Aug 2004, 08:56

Porty

Postby Porty » 25 Aug 2004, 08:58

Porty

Postby sicker » 25 Aug 2004, 11:00

Alex, when I paste the image to the message all I get is the path to the image in photobucket, not the image? Any suggestions

EG.
Last edited by sicker on 25 Aug 2004, 12:37, edited 2 times in total.
sicker

Postby wangi » 25 Aug 2004, 11:05

Sicker, when posting do you have the "Disable BBCode in this post" toggle checked on? If you do, you'd see what you are seeing!

The default setting of this can be changed in your profile: http://porty.org.uk/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=editprofile
wangi
[admin]

Postby sicker » 25 Aug 2004, 12:45

Where is my dinner?

sicker

Postby sicker » 25 Aug 2004, 12:46

Don't know but I have just found mine!!

sicker

Postby bellybabe » 25 Aug 2004, 12:51

Aha, this is familiar. when i tried it the other week, it WAS photobucket I tried...but not at the right time of day, so i used their twin site, tinypic.com...but it didn't work.

Will try photobucket later when the time is right...

Love the pics, sicker.

BTW...sicker...than what/who?
bellybabe

Postby sicker » 25 Aug 2004, 13:09

family motto bellybabe

sicker

Postby bellybabe » 25 Aug 2004, 15:55

BTW might be worth mentioning here that you can only get a photobucket account between 5 and 9 o'clock am and pm...before too many day time posters get frustrated. I speak from experience.
bellybabe

Postby mr magnolia » 25 Aug 2004, 16:08

Sicker, from Shicker, sure, retained in Manx;

is that the one, Sicker?
mr magnolia

Postby wangi » 25 Aug 2004, 16:17

wangi
[admin]

Postby sicker » 25 Aug 2004, 17:22

sicker

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2004, 18:10

Hi Marya - Images came through sharp and clear!

You might want to try cutting the size of the first one... There's a great web site at that will do it for you.

<Edit - Just noticed your edit, Marya - hope this helps!>

Alex
Last edited by Guest on 25 Aug 2004, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2004, 18:11

BTW: Nice bathroom! :lol:

Postby ecm » 25 Aug 2004, 19:02

Testing...testing..........
A view from our window
ecm

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2004, 19:17

Loud and clear, ECM. Lovely photo.

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2004, 19:18

Delighted that everyone is getting the hang of posting pictures. I'm definitely going to sign up for one of these accounts myself. One point, which Marya has already alluded to, could everyone please restrict the width of their images to 425 pixels or 15cm. I HATE having to scroll horizontally and one large image distorts the whole page. This is something that we will cover in the FAQ.

This is just the first 'masterclass' that Alex will be holding, so we will all be learning together how to get more out of the forum. If there is anything in particular you would like us to cover, just let us know.

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2004, 19:25

Postby bellybabe » 25 Aug 2004, 20:59

Yay! That's me - so now I can be spladooshed!
:wink:
bellybabe

Postby bellybabe » 25 Aug 2004, 21:02

bellybabe

Postby bellybabe » 25 Aug 2004, 21:08

The seventy somethingth Frasers Highlanders...checking picture resizing. Me, not them. They're shooting stuff.

bellybabe

Postby bellybabe » 25 Aug 2004, 21:10

OK just ignore me. I'm just playing.

The resizing dooberry is now helping, now i almost know what I'm doing.
bellybabe

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2004, 21:18

You probably already have software that can do this. If you have Windows you may have Microsoft Picture It! or Microsoft Photo Editor, both of which come bundled with XP but if not there is also plenty of free stuff you could use. Try right clicking on any of your images, choose 'Open with...' and see what options you have.

EDIT - ok, I see you have worked it out yourself. See, it's easy when you try!

Postby ecm » 25 Aug 2004, 21:20

ecm

Postby Porty » 26 Aug 2004, 18:10

Smart Alex :D
Porty

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2004, 12:36

Do you have to use something like photobucket to paste into the forum :?:

Postby wangi » 27 Aug 2004, 14:32

No, but the image needs to be available via the web So if you have your own web space and an image hosted there, then that is fine too.
wangi
[admin]

Postby Hell's Cat » 07 Sep 2004, 10:27

Ok, Don't have a photobucket thingy so stuck a couple of piccies on my web site. So I guess I just put the link in now?

:?
Hell's Cat

Postby wangi » 07 Sep 2004, 10:51

wangi
[admin]

Postby wangi » 07 Sep 2004, 10:56

wangi
[admin]

Postby Hell's Cat » 07 Sep 2004, 11:02

Thanks Wangi, got it sussed now.
Hell's Cat

Postby wangi » 07 Sep 2004, 11:08