[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - The Rathbone Appreciation Thread

The Rathbone Appreciation Thread

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"

Postby rathbone » 22 Jul 2007, 07:25

I have nothing to say and I'm going to say it.
rathbone

Postby Epykat » 26 Jul 2007, 21:10

Epykat

Postby ecm » 27 Jul 2007, 14:19

ecm

Postby Puerto bella » 30 Aug 2007, 21:10

Puerto bella

Postby Bob Jefferson » 17 Sep 2007, 18:01

From the Helensburgh and Gareloch Times, 20 July 1910:

Bob Jefferson

Speedway

Postby Skeely » 11 Jul 2008, 22:24

I'm enjoying the turn the Marine Gardens thread is taking (not being a great footie fan). I've been inspired to Google...

Here's Drew McQueen (from )

And KidCurtis (from )

And here are .

Keep up the good work Rathbone
Skeely

Postby rathbone » 12 Jul 2008, 08:38

Thanks Skeely....... great pictures.

I was getting a bit bored with the football as well ..... but you can't change history (or so they say :twisted:)
rathbone

rathbones ramblin' reply's: Economy & The Arts

Postby cocoa » 12 Mar 2012, 13:07

Last edited by wangi on 12 Mar 2012, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add quote
cocoa

rathbone's poem and ramblin feedback

Postby cocoa » 27 Jun 2012, 12:28

Hi, I really look forward to the weekly poem. Some I've loved, non I've loathed,I've been moved, I've laughed and I've even gasped with shock (WFA GAES BY NICHT GAES YIL HIS DAITH Robert Garioch) I have often wanted to comment but don't want to spoil the flow from one poem to the next (for me it's the same with your ramblin's,if I posted there I would feel like I was interrupting). I used to like poetry, but had somehow forgoten and got out of the habit of reading any, so thanks for rekindling the spark.
cocoa

Re: The Rathbone Appreciation Thread

Postby Franck » 28 Jun 2012, 09:32

Yup, Rathbone makes this forum worth a daily stop.I've tried to link those flickr accounts for Portobello Harbour with no joy, can anyone provide a source please?I'm intrigued.
Franck

Postby magbagpuss » 30 Jun 2012, 12:06

Day has not started til I've had my Rathbone fix.
magbagpuss

Postby cocoa » 01 Jul 2012, 11:07

Beautiful, moving poem today. thanks.
cocoa

Postby Porty » 08 Jul 2012, 16:35

Top stuff from Rathbone it always is .
.....ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Porty

Postby Epykat » 10 Jul 2012, 12:38

The post about the talc made me feel a bit sick - too much info about what's going on in your trousers bro..... :shock:
Epykat

Postby rathbone » 10 Jul 2012, 16:29

Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!
rathbone

Postby cocoa » 01 Aug 2012, 11:34

I also had the pleasure of working with lol on a number of occasions when he came to play in my club. The sound tec had a theory that the more "out" and difficult the music, the nicer the musician, because they got all of their "badness" out in the music. Lol was one of the nicest, and most layed back people I ever met.
cocoa

Postby cocoa » 17 Sep 2012, 14:28

Whilst understanding why,I am sorry to hear about your decision to remove the “poem of the week” thread. It has given me great pleasure and re-kindled a dormant interest. I hope your “ramblin” isn’t going to be adversely affected!
cocoa

Postby cocoa » 15 Oct 2012, 20:51

Wellcome back,I was begining to worry about the size of your hangover after the 'BIMBO' meeting.
cocoa

Postby SoupDragon » 01 Dec 2012, 22:28

Thanks for the info on Flintoff fight.
I'd heard it as he was going head to head with Richard Dawkins.

Not that I'd think that The Greatest Show on Earth
SoupDragon

Postby SoupDragon » 05 Dec 2012, 23:46

Well I never knew about the Clarkes and Jamaican connection
To me the getting measured and buying a new pair was the first hint of the start of a new school term.

It may have been noted my choice of footwear is now either Crocs or Doc Martens
Sadly for a while Doc were associated with dubious skinhead types but gladly much as ska went two tone Docs are now a mainstream product
They have now brought out "the ultimate festival boot" basically a Doc welly ( Drench)-rather comfy they are too and can stand several inches of slush as I found out the other morning
SoupDragon

Previous

Return to G&TT