[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - newbies welcome here

newbies welcome here

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"

Postby Black Mamba » 14 Aug 2007, 20:17

Black Mamba

Postby SoupDragon » 14 Aug 2007, 20:42

SoupDragon

Postby Puerto bella » 14 Aug 2007, 22:08

Puerto bella

Postby Sandra » 15 Aug 2007, 09:22

Sandra

Postby Stray NO.666 » 15 Aug 2007, 19:27

Stray NO.666

Postby rapunzell » 15 Aug 2007, 19:31

rapunzell

Lurker now a poster :D

Postby BeachBum » 24 Nov 2007, 21:49

Lurker now a poster.. .. ..Thats me, normally I just lurk about the board, but thought id actually start posting. :D

Usually have something to say about most things, as regual listeners to talk 107 drivetime show will know. I used to be a regular caller on Simon and Heathers show. I also used to be a prolific letter to the editor writer in my home Borders, been living in Porty for two years now though.

A bit of info on me, just to bore you, im 24 originally from the Borders. I work for the City Council in the all singing, all dancing Services for Communities Department (in the Housing and Regeneration division). IM a member of the Labour Party, Amnesty International, Friends of the Earth and Scottish CND. Used to be really active with these organisations but not so much now that I live in Edinburgh.

Ive always shown an interest in the Community. Aged 20 I was elected to be Chairman of a 15 member Community Council. Soon after I was made Chairman of a residents association on a 1500 home council estate. I sat on the local area committee of the Scottish Borders Council which dealt with local planning matters, and everything related to local Council services. As a former young persons development worker I worked with partners such as the NHS, SIPs and funders (lottery etc;).

Thats about it really.. .. .. ..I shall bore ye nae mare :D
BeachBum

Postby Bob Jefferson » 24 Nov 2007, 21:53

Welcome Michael. :D
Bob Jefferson

Postby BeachBum » 24 Nov 2007, 21:55

BeachBum

Postby Maria » 24 Nov 2007, 23:16

Maria

Postby arachnid » 24 Nov 2007, 23:41

Why be scared????
arachnid

Postby BeachBum » 25 Nov 2007, 01:44

BeachBum

Postby BeachBum » 25 Nov 2007, 01:46

BeachBum

Postby arachnid » 25 Nov 2007, 14:42

Why be scared????
arachnid

Postby Black Mamba » 25 Nov 2007, 15:05

Black Mamba

Postby deby » 27 Apr 2008, 14:37

HI my name is Deby i have just joined and i live in Australia

i am sure that the area of Portobello is a high interest for myself with researching my family but so far i only have the final place of rest here. the rest shows them living in Pencaitland, Dalkeith, Saltoun and Airdire
I 1976 i came to Scotland and spent many days visiting the Porobello cemetery with my gran it was such a beautiful place to visit

the surnames are CUMMINGS, DINGWALL, COCHRANE, DAVIDSON, WATSON pus others from around scotland

most of the CUMMINGS were married at ST GILLES in Edinburgh then early 1900's started moving away

my info is resonably limited due to be unable to access records apart from scotlands people that can mount up in costs

i would love to learn more about the different areas that my families have grown up in and by having a quick look around this site it seems a great place to start

take care
deb in oz
deby

new

Postby Emily » 20 Feb 2009, 14:44

Emily

Postby Bob Jefferson » 20 Feb 2009, 17:36

Bob Jefferson

Postby Emily » 21 Feb 2009, 17:27

Emily

Hi I'm Carlie and I'm new

Postby carlie » 02 Mar 2009, 21:55

carlie

Re: Hi I'm Carlie and I'm new

Postby BeachBum » 02 Mar 2009, 21:57

BeachBum

Postby Maria » 02 Mar 2009, 22:14

Maria

Postby carlie » 03 Mar 2009, 14:11

carlie

Postby BeachBum » 03 Mar 2009, 14:23

BeachBum

Postby BeachBum » 03 Mar 2009, 20:46

BeachBum

Hello!

Postby Melanie » 29 May 2010, 12:11

Sometimes questions are more important than answers.
- Nancy Williard
Melanie

Re: newbies welcome here

Postby jonmckenzie » 15 Jul 2011, 15:28

Hello!

I'm Jon, I've been living in Joppa for 6 months but I have only just come across this forum. looking forward to keeping an eye on what's happening in the area..
jonmckenzie

Postby Pretty in Pink » 09 Sep 2011, 13:15

Hi,

We moved to Joppa last year and are about to start the process of renovating our little beach house which we are very excited about!

We love living down here, my husband's from Edinburgh and I'm from Perth...we lived in Leith for four years and there we fell in love with the idea of coastal living and being near the water! Although I've been reading these forums I felt compelled to register and say hello. It's a great site, we've been able to go to open days, prom events etc., that we learned about through talkporty....

Cheers
"One martini is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"
Pretty in Pink

Postby Mark Cameron » 09 Sep 2011, 14:05

Welcome to Porty (and Joppa) PiP

WE moved from Leith 4 years ago now and are still loving it. The forum is a great way to keep in touch with what's going on. There's also a Porty Parents facebook page and a Porty Dads page too (we've had our 1st female member join the latter group recently - we're a right open lot us P.D.s)
Mark
Mark Cameron

Postby wangi » 09 Sep 2011, 20:45

Welcome Pretty in Pink - glad you find it useful!

L/
wangi
[admin]

Postby rapunzell » 10 Sep 2011, 10:35

A belated hello to Melanie and to Jon, and an on-time hello to PiP :-)
rapunzell

Postby Pretty in Pink » 21 Sep 2011, 22:44

Thanks guys :D

Just been reading through some old threads, noticing it can get pretty heated on here.....loads of good stuff though!
"One martini is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"
Pretty in Pink

Postby Puerto bella » 23 Nov 2011, 21:23

Welcome PIP nice to have some new blood in this small gene pool of heatedness.

McDryburn - out of interest - can you tell us about PortyDads - heard or saw something mentioning it in relation to work you're doing on Straiton Place park but can't think where it was...
Puerto bella

Postby cocoa » 31 Jan 2012, 00:03

Hi after lurking for 7 years I have finally decided to take the plunge! We have been living here for about the same length of time and can't imagaine wanting to live anywhere else. I'm a massive fan of rathbone, mother of three,ex jazz club/music venue manager and dysexic (so please excuse any bizarre spelling mistakes).
cocoa

Postby rathbone » 31 Jan 2012, 08:29

Welcome out of the shadows Cocoa, though I have to point out that while I have been involved in the music scene in the past I have never been a mother of three or run a jazz club so you will have to give me some tips on both. Perhaps an online-music thread might be your forte. It can be good fun lurking, but even more taking part. If you follow my stuff then you have no need to worry about your spelling ......bring on the bizarre.
I have nothing to say and I'm going to say it.
rathbone

PreviousNext

Return to G&TT