[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - Consultation topics

Consultation topics

Discussion and debate on the issues affecting Portobello

Consultation topics

Postby seanie » 28 Apr 2011, 20:31

I would like some help.

I'm trying to pull together ideas for some sort of community survey or questionnaire. Nothing complicated, just "what's good about Portobello?", "what's not so good?", "how could it be improved?" etc.

On the one hand I'd like it to be quite open, so people can raise anything they want, but I'd also like to suggest certain topics so it doesn't wander too far from practicalities. I'm trying to come up with at least 6, and no more than 8, 'issues'. So far I'm thinking;

1. Improving the Promenade & beach
2. Traffic & transport
3. Strengthening/improving the High Street (not sure of the wording for that)
4. Improving Parks & open spaces
5. Improving recreational/leisure facilities
6. Promoting Portobello

And then I'm at a bit of a loss. The above is obviously pretty generic and vague, and I'd be happy to entertain more specific items, but then again I need to keep things short.

However I'm really looking for suggestions. Any ideas (within reason) welcome....
seanie

Re: Consultation topics

Postby seanie » 30 Apr 2011, 08:53

Don't all rush at once...
seanie

Postby Bob Jefferson » 30 Apr 2011, 17:27

I think you've probably covered the main issues. Can see there might be some crossover between some of them. How would you propose to distribute this survey? How about an insert in the Portobello Reporter? I'm sure the CC could cover the cost. I think that you want to make it as easy to complete as possible to ensure a good response. Maybe multi-choice options or simple YES/NO questions? You could still give people the opportunity to write at length on their own pet subject of course.
Bob Jefferson

Postby seanie » 30 Apr 2011, 18:27

I've a few ideas but I need to firm some proposals up if I'm going to persuade others of the merit. Craigmillar CC are putting out 6,000 leaflets through the Chronicle and that spurred me to put something together.
seanie

Postby wangi » 03 May 2011, 23:05

wangi
[admin]

Postby rapunzell » 04 May 2011, 00:14

I'm working on my answers to these questions, just to be ready :-)
rapunzell

Postby wangi » 04 May 2011, 10:52

wangi
[admin]

Postby paletoecosse » 04 May 2011, 13:23

I am happy to give a hand (or both) ... I do motorways maintenance for living and could help assessing the state of pavements and everything relates to DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) issues within the Portobello area.
paletoecosse

Return to Portobello Matters