[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - newbies welcome here

newbies welcome here

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"

Re: newbies welcome here

Postby cocoa » 31 Jan 2012, 13:16

Thanks Rathbone, I’m really enjoying the ‘Oz series’ and I loved your reminisces about art collage and the clubs/music scene. My parents were both at art collage shortly before you and Toto played with my husband on many occasions, so it was fascinating to get a flavour of the times.
cocoa

Postby Gedge » 01 Feb 2012, 23:17

Not really a newbie but rather a returner. After 5 years living in foreign parts (Abbeyhill) I am back in Portobello (Although I don't think I ever left in spirit) Hurray! Nice to see some familiar names are still around!
Gedge

Postby Epykat » 01 Feb 2012, 23:29

Hi Gedge - nice to see you back!
Epykat

Postby Vikki » 20 Jul 2012, 14:55

Hello I'm a newbie to Talk Porty - signed up a couple of years ago and then lost my password. I've reactivated my account in order to find out about what's happening in Porty over the summer. I live with my hubbie and twin sons in Park Avenue and love Portobello! Vikki
Vikki

Postby Epykat » 20 Jul 2012, 18:00

Hi Vikki - lots going on, not least of all the Portobello Big Beach Bunting Project - you can join in and get all the info from - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Portobel ... 983?ref=ts
Epykat

Postby James A » 16 Aug 2012, 20:21

Hello.
James A

Postby sandstorm » 27 Aug 2012, 23:49

hello
sandstorm

Postby wangi » 28 Aug 2012, 10:49

Welcome all!
wangi
[admin]

Postby sandstorm » 28 Aug 2012, 20:33

thankyou
sandstorm

Postby PortyPrince » 30 Sep 2012, 00:02

How do I gain access to Porty Dads?

I'm a Dad and we live in Porty.
PortyPrince

Postby Ninthdoctor » 03 Feb 2013, 20:58

Hi Everyone!
Ninthdoctor

Postby Carrie-On-Regardless » 22 Feb 2013, 19:07

Hi all

I am a newbie, only recently joined and so far my contribution has been about dog poo, and the vacant shops! I have lived in Mount Lodge Place for almost 2 years, and only recently found this site-but boy it is very interesting looking through some of the old posts. I have learned so much, so thank you all for your interesting contributions over the years :-)

Carrie
Carrie-On-Regardless

Postby Tareq215 » 25 Aug 2013, 22:20

Hello, my first message. Thank you for an interesting board. I read rathbone and miss his posts. does he blog somewhere ?
Tark
Tareq215

Postby ali » 28 Aug 2013, 18:45

ali

Postby lottiegoose » 20 Nov 2013, 23:03

Hi, I'm Charlotte and I'm moving to Portobello with my boyfriend in a month or two (I currently live in Clermiston and he lives at the edge of Newington). I fell in love with the place when I visited a few months ago, and managed to convince my boyfriend that we should move there ;) (Kidding, he wanted to too!) I'm probably just going to hang around and ask things, but will try and help when I can!
lottiegoose

Postby weedavybroon » 12 Jan 2014, 14:41

Hello, I am a newbie, and also new to message boards
I went to the old Portobello High School from 1956 to 1961 (I think)and I left Edinburgh in 1966.
I recently went to visit the old school, but it was no longer there. I was actually hoping to take a photo of it to recover a bit of my past, as I can't seem to remember musch of my time there. I think the classes were set as 1A1, 1A2, etc and we were all assigned to houses (Abercorn, Brunstane, Crichton, Duddingston) I was in Crichton.
If anybody could post a photo of the old school (both sides, Stanley Road and Duddingsto) I would be extremely grateful.
Also if there is anybody out there who was in the same year as me, let me know how you are

I live in Spain now, and try to visit porty every summer
weedavybroon

Postby katy » 13 Apr 2015, 17:41

Hi I'm Katy. I left Porty in the early 70s. I like to visit the site to see what's going on in my old home town. I try to visit when I can and still enjoy looking at the old haunts and walking along the prom. Miss the sea!!
katy

Fresh meat

Postby rex » 19 Mar 2018, 18:25

Hiya,

just moved to Porty a few months ago and settling in!

Rex
rex

Previous

Return to G&TT