[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Talk Porty ~ Portobello • View topic - "Sort it out yourselves" (PPAG win legal appeal)

"Sort it out yourselves" (PPAG win legal appeal)

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"

Re: New Portobello High School - PPAG win legal appeal

Postby rathbone » 26 Sep 2012, 07:46

Welcome Miss Moffat. I agree with most of what you said, except you haven't gone back far enough and seen what Porty has been saying about Epykat and others. This is a long running issue.

Just remember the posting guidelines , particularly No 1:
1. Be nice: Personal attacks against forum members will not be tolerated. This includes (but not limited to) attacks on the comments, ideas, language skills, spelling, punctuation, age, gender, sexual orientation, physical appearance, ability/disability, politics and cultural or religious beliefs of other forum members. Your right to freedom of speech has to be balanced with your responsibility not to cause offence. You are free to debate and to disagree, but in a manner that is respectful of the rights and feelings of others.

The rest of us stick scrupulously to them!
I have nothing to say and I'm going to say it.
rathbone

Postby Porty » 26 Sep 2012, 08:02

You think I've breached that rule in relation to Epykat? Where?
.....ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Porty

Postby gillian » 26 Sep 2012, 08:24

Let's not make this an Epykat/Porty/rathbone thread. We've a school to build.
gillian

Postby Porty » 26 Sep 2012, 09:01

Valid point.
Porty

Postby rathbone » 26 Sep 2012, 09:02

I agree Rosa. I’m just sick of all the name-calling.

To answer Porty’s question, and then I’ll stop:

On this thread:

"Epykat ... content to destroy or remove Portobello High School from the heart of our community.... Epykat I assure you It wasn't meant to be funny. You and the above named are content to destroy or remove Portobello High School from the heart of our community - it is a matter of fact and widely recognised to be the truth... I'm not sure whether it's selfishness, ignorance or a combination of the two but it is the truth and I repeat is widely recognised amongst our community." (19 sept)

Back in january when she was complaining about you accusing her of fundraising for PPAG: " I dont believe anyone is suggesting that you didnt know you were doing your bit to delay the school. you're far from daft.....Did you mean to say."you cant just say things without substantiating “Thats got to be the laugh of the millenium....."

However, Epykat gives as good as she gets and is equally to blame. My main concern, however, is the approach you take to others.

Typical is your response to one person who put forward a suggestion in good faith to get the following response: “ I believe that most people, on evaluating your proposal, would describe it as moronic. I'm with them but it doesn't make you an out and out moron, try just a teeny, weanie bit harder. It's within your grasp .... what's Latin for 'moron in an underpass' ?”

That is what I am objecting to when I say that people are being belittled and humiliated by
you and why you have lost my respect.

I was asked by Wangi to substantiate what I was talking about. I referred him to over 25 instances in just one thread and he accepts that “Some may be true, others fair comment (poorly made) and many "vulgar abuse, sarcasm and exaggeration"... And other perhaps defamation.” He will be passing them to you for your comments.
rathbone

Postby seashell » 26 Sep 2012, 09:16

seashell

Postby Scoop » 26 Sep 2012, 10:47

Gene pool not swimming pool..........
Scoop

Postby Porty » 26 Sep 2012, 11:06

Is that it as far as Epykat is concerned Rathbone?

There's only two references to Epykat. Prior to making the "ignorant" statement, I had just attended a meeting, where we were informed that a refurb was out of the question as for one reason the school role would have to reduce to 1000. Which would destroy the 100 years or so history of the school serving Parsons Green to Joppa. The curriculam would be reduced etc. So the idea that the school can be refurbed and remain as is, is ignorant.

I have no idea what you think the problem is with the second issue.

Moronic- if memory serves me correctly, the quote from me was made AFTER some detailed debate. We had established the suggested site (Big W) was smaller than the existing school site, (lets move to a smaller site on the edge of catchment suggested the moron), not in council ownership and not up for sale and on top of those deal breakers, the location is abysmal. And despite all of that, the poster continued to argue how suitable it was. Main reason being it was "blessed" with an underpass.

Moronic was well-justified.

I'm not trying to find a solution for the school, I have one, we all do. After 6 years of observing the blindingly obvious, which also happens to be the truth, I get very,very frustrated by the toxic tactics of the likes of Lashylass and now the Commander. There's been quite a few others.

I do accept that my delivery can be sarcastic and brutal, which no doubt breaches the "nice" guideline.

I console myself with the fact that when I am asked a question, I generally do my best to respond with a substantive answer. I don't resort to simple ignorance, which is common from Epykat, Betty and almost all the PPAG sympathisers who have passed this way.
Porty

Postby little miss moffat » 26 Sep 2012, 11:19

little miss moffat

Postby rathbone » 26 Sep 2012, 11:51

rathbone

Postby Porty » 26 Sep 2012, 12:30

Porty

Postby Paxetamor » 26 Sep 2012, 16:45

I was the one the that was called moron x 2, foolish, stupid and, no doubt, others that I've forgotten. All very brave, hiding behind the anonymity of this forum, for daring to suggest (2nd hand) the Big W site, along with using the golfie as playing fields. I'm still not sure why it was dismissed with such ferocity as it is only 5 minutes walk from one to the other, so surely if one is on the edge of the catchment area then so is the other. I would much prefer my child to cross a road underground via underpasses than to take their chances with Milton Road. I live next to it in Magdalene (I don't know whether that has me tagged as a NIMBY) and I can't believe the lack of concern regarding this. If people think that their children are all still going to go down to Porty for their lunch and that there won't be an increase of children crossing the road to come over to the shops in Magdalene then, I'm afraid, they are mistaken . We have a fantastic baker, an excellent chippy and several convenience stores.
Another reason that was cited was that it was in private ownership. The owners have been knocked back for a retail license again and I don't think it's unreasonable to think that they would want to sell it. I have no proof, evidence or anything else you apparently need to express an idea (even 2nd hand ones) on here if you're not on the school on the park side, but I did it anyway, I didn't expect to be called names because of it.
As a lot of us have now been outed on this forum, I invite any of them to say what they've got to say and call me whatever they wish to my face, much more civilized, much less cowardly.
Paxetamor

Postby Porty » 26 Sep 2012, 17:13

Porty

Postby Epykat » 26 Sep 2012, 17:41

Epykat

Postby rathbone » 26 Sep 2012, 18:51

rathbone

Postby seanie » 26 Sep 2012, 18:57

FFS, can this not be taken elsewhere?
seanie

Postby Epykat » 26 Sep 2012, 19:00

Epykat

Postby gillian » 26 Sep 2012, 19:02

Yes Wangi, have a "sort it out yourselves" page and leave them all to it.
gillian

Postby seashell » 26 Sep 2012, 19:13

[quote="rathbone Can't you, just for once, cut out the sarcasm, stop putting people down and just make the point without the nastiness?
[/quote]

People who live in glass houses etc.

And I note you didn't say that to Epykat.
seashell

Postby seashell » 26 Sep 2012, 19:15

seashell

Postby gillian » 26 Sep 2012, 19:20

We use to have this word in our family when our children were VERY young, "stoppiting." Mum he's not stoppiting.......
gillian

Postby Epykat » 26 Sep 2012, 19:33

Epykat

Postby rathbone » 26 Sep 2012, 20:04

rathbone

Postby little miss moffat » 26 Sep 2012, 20:05

little miss moffat

Postby Porty » 26 Sep 2012, 20:15

As I thought :I didn't actually call them a moron. As for them taking it personally: I can 8) only confirm how I meant it, which was impersonal. How they take it is surely down to them?

If an idea is debated, proved to be moronic beyond any reasonable doubt, and someone continues to suggest it , over and over again. They run the risk of being called Dux.........that's so much nicer.
Porty

Postby Paxetamor » 26 Sep 2012, 20:34

you came up with a splendid idea.
Thanks Seashell, but, as I already said twice in my post, it wasn't my idea.
Paxetamor

Postby Epykat » 26 Sep 2012, 22:07

Epykat

Postby Porty » 27 Sep 2012, 10:06

I used to think of you as Annie Hall.
Porty

Postby Epykat » 27 Sep 2012, 12:10

Epykat

Postby commander114 » 28 Sep 2012, 17:38

I think that the one thing that trolls and bullies have in common is that they want to make others feel as miserable and powerless as they do. Those of us who heard about the bullying, the egg-throwing and the ‘get the champers on’ complacency sympathise with you to an extent. I do sympathise, but only to an extent. It would have been very convenient to take an unspoiled and set-aside parcel of land and build on it. It would have been very convenient to be able to argue that this should be done because the ‘majority’ want it. But the majority are not just the largest group who expressed a preference in what was a small local opinion poll in this matter of local interest.

It was very inconvenient to find that the real majority, the generations of people in this country who helped evolve laws and statutes and systems to protect the small guy and his or her wishes in the longer term had taken the trouble to protect this small parcel of land that seemed so inconsequential and so easy to take for ‘the common good’. The majority are the people who want to allow laws like this, the British and the Scots don’t like bullies. The majority are those who understand that it is sometimes inconvenient to have laws that protect others from those of us who’d prefer to have things our own way all the time. The majority have a balanced view of the world. It’s inconvenient to find that the law wasn’t really on your side in the case of the Golfie. But instead of accepting the position of the real majority you want to change the law while pretending to be the majority or ignore it to justify yourselves. Otherwise you’ll continue to feel more miserable, more sad, more petty and increasingly vindictive.

It was particularly sad to see one of the regular posters on this site being singled out and having an itemised and completely polarised list of reactions to taunting criticised. Rather than accept that there are rules and checks in the adult world it was easier to make a blinkered personal attack. I hasten to add that I’m not referring exclusively to any one person. I don’t think that Epykat deserved to be singled out in the way that he/she was. And this is someone many of you actually know??? Did Epykat deserve to be singled out? Should we construct an unhelpful league table of personal slights one way and another rather than discuss alternatives?

So why not offer some potential plan or idea that might be developed into a solution for a new school. Why not recognise that it may not be possible to build on this inalienable land? The House of Lords or the EU Court of Human Rights may agree that inalienable mean, …well inalienable. Maybe the miserable Trolls and powerless Bullies are needing a re-think. That may be inconvenient for them as well. But eggs throw in haste are a waste, especially when they end up dribbling down your own chins.
commander114

Postby Scoop » 28 Sep 2012, 17:44

Welcome back Commander. I've missed you.
Scoop

Postby Makaveli » 28 Sep 2012, 19:05

Commander114 - you know the only person that is trolling on here is YOU!!!

You are the one that keeps trying to drag this thread off track and you are the only one that mentions bullying and egg throwing. I admit that when I read the post about the champagne I did cringe but I don't see why you make such a big deal out of it? A lot of the people on here have invested a lot of time, money and effort so I am sure a small piece of misplaced exhuberance can be forgiven.

I don't recall seeing much of you here before the last court decision - wonder why that is?
Makaveli

Postby Pal of Porty » 28 Sep 2012, 19:43

Brilliant post Commander but you missed out the bit about fight them on the beaches..... etc., and Welcome to the waccy baccy club!
Justice delayed is justice denied.
Pal of Porty

Postby Porty » 30 Sep 2012, 00:20

Are you a friutcake? i really hope you are. You approach things in a quirky, obtuse way. Which I like, in fact, i prefer it to the hum drum norm.
Porty

New Portobello High School - PPAG win legal appeal

Postby Scoop » 02 Oct 2012, 13:40

Scoop

PreviousNext

Return to G&TT