Maureen child: Milton Link Junction Update

Discussion and debate on the issues affecting Portobello

Maureen child: Milton Link Junction Update

Postby administrator » 08 Mar 2011, 10:55

Dear All

I have been feeding back information form constituents about their experience of using the road works at the junction of Milton Road East and the Milton Link, where the engineering works will continue for another 3-4 weeks. The tailbacks should not be as bad as they were, as some drivers manage to find different routes - if they can. But, in addition, some measures have been put in place to mitigate the worst of it for those for whom this route is unavoidable.

Police, project manager and contractors have been working together over the last few days - thanks to helpful feedback from five constituents - to help alleviate the pressure and make sure the capacity of the junction is maximised, while these essential works go on.

We hope that the additional green time on the westbound lane traffic lights, and merge signs for both Brunstane Road and Brunstane Road South will help. I am assured by the project manager that if the proposed changes do not reduce queues to a more acceptable level, those working on this will consider other measures.

The temporary island was put in place to reduce the weight of traffic on the railway bridge underneath and prevent further damage to a weakened Network Rail bridge. Once it's all finished, the removal of the island will mean this junction will work better than it did before, allowing one more lane of westbound traffic to be accommodated at this point.

Let me know how it's going for you!

Maureen

Councillor Maureen Child | Labour Elected Member | Portobello/Craigmillar (Ward 17) | City of Edinburgh Council | City Chambers | High Street | Edinburgh | EH1 1YJ | Tel 0131 529 3268 |
administrator
[admin]

Return to Portobello Matters